What is the Social Relief of Distress Grant (SRD)
Social relief of distress is the temporary supply of aid meant for people who are in such extreme need of material goods that they are unable to provide for the most basic necessities of their family. Amounting to R350 per month beginning on the date of approval, the Special COVID-19 Social Relief of Distress amount. There will be no backpay for applicants; instead, payments will begin in the month they apply.
Appeal or Check an Appeal Status
For New Application (using SASSA website)
What is needed to apply:
- ID Number.
- Full Names and Surname as they appear on the ID.
- Gender and Disability if you have any.
- Bank Name and Account Number.
- Phone Number.
- Proof of Address.
Re-Application (using SASSA website)
Steps to Change banking Details:
- If you are an SASSA SRD R350 Grant beneficiary who has been given approval, please enter your ID number here if you wish to update your banking information. You will receive an SMS at the cell phone number you provided when registering for the application that contains a secure link that is personal to you.
- To begin, open the link in the SMS and carefully follow the directions.
- If you choose to have your money transferred into a bank account, please make sure you are the account’s owner. Your grant cannot be paid into another person’s bank account by SASSA.
- Please make sure the mobile phone number on which you received the SMS is registered in your name if you choose the money transfer option through one of the main banks. A mobile phone number that is registered to another person prevents SASSA from paying your award into that number.
- Please also note that the new banking details will only be used for future payments, after verification.
Cancel my Application
You can withdraw your application by clicking the button below if your circumstances have changed such that you are no longer in need of or eligible for the Covid-19 Social Relief of Distress Grant.