Ackermans Stores invites young unemployed people who meet all the necessary requirements to apply for the available positions, submit your CV online.
Are you an energetic, ambitious and qualified graduate looking for a practical learning experience in retail? Applications for our Cape Town based graduate opportunities are now open!
At Ackermans we provide our graduates with hands-on behind-the-scenes industry experience, to give them direction and purpose for the future. If your application is successful, you will have you the opportunity to:
- Get paid experience based in CPT
- Kickstart your career in retail
- Work with industry experts
- Gain cross-functional exposure
- Work in a flexible environment
- Explore your interests
- Gain working knowledge of future career possibilities
- Develop your work ethic and corporate brand
You have the opportunity to be exposed to the following business areas, based on your qualification and department you are interested in:
Operations: Retail Space Planning (CAD)
QUALIFICATION AND LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
A completed qualification – eg. Bachelors or diploma in architecture, interior design or architectrural draughting)
No prior full time work experience in your field of study
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- An assertive self-starter with the ability to work well within a team
- Good organisational and planning abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Sound administrative skills
- Flexible and tenacious with the ability to thrive under pressure
- Good leaning orientation
- South African citizenship
- The candidate is based in Cape Town
The search is on and our Women’s team is looking for a confident and resilient Store Planner who has sound commercial thinking, strong analytical and proven numerical abilities required to fulfil this function of optimising sales in accordance with the company strategies. This Maternity cover will be for a fixed period of around 5 months.Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated, passionate about performance, solution-driven and must have the high energy level required for this fast-paced, exciting and dynamic retail environment.
- A Grade 12 certificate is an essential requirement.
- A relevant tertiary qualification would be a definite advantage. Preferred qualifications are: B.Comm. / B.Science degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Stats and Business Science OR National Diploma majoring in Internal Auditing and Cost and Management Accounting OR National Diploma in Financial Information Systems
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Knowledge and Skills required:
Knowledge of: the retail merchandise cycle with regards to Buying, Planning, Logistics and Stores seasonal & non-seasonal replenishments the SA retail clothing market, customers and competitors Sound numerical skills Excellent Analytical thinking and a passion for doing analysis Effective Problem-Solving skills A sound Commercial mentality Interpersonal and Relationship-building skillsPlanning, Organising & Time management skills
The ability to be: Resilient and Deadline-orientated Flexible, function under pressure and maintain a positive attitude
Assertive Decisive Communicate effectively at all levels Take responsibility and have a sense of pride in one’s work Work independently, as well as be a team player Identify growth opportunities within portfolio and business unit A strong customer-orientation
A minimum of 2-3 years sound experience in store planning within a clothing retail environment is an important requirement.The following additional experience would be ideal:Previous store management experiencePrevious exposure to general logistics and supply chain processesExperience working in planning systems such as Location Planning, JDA Allocation Planning and/or Just EnoughExperience in OuterwearA working knowledge of the latest Microsoft packages (Word & Excel) is essential. Experience in working at an advanced level in Excel would be a definite advantage.
- Ensuring the accurate distribution of seasonal stock to optimise sales.
- Ensuring the optimal distribution of non-seasonal and seasonal replenishment stock to optimise sales.
- Delivering a location plan that allows for the clustering of stores at the required product level.
- Delivering seasonal and non-seasonal replenishment profiles at the required product level.
- Supplying inputs to the Seasonal Look for the required visual merchandising.
- Analysing store performance and providing accurate and timeous information in order to optimise business decision making.
- Ensuring new stores are stocked to plan.Assisting stores in resolving any queries relating to stock.
How To Apply For Jobs At Ackermans
At Ackermans they have a wide variety of opportunities available – from fashion to finance. Check out the different departments, and see where you fit in.
If you are looking for an opportunity at one of the Ackermans stores, you can follow the below steps to apply. It’s simply.
- Visit the Ackermans career site
- Log In/Register your CV
- If you already have an account you can simply log in and start applying! If you do not have an account, you’ll need to register. This should be a quick and easy process:
- Fill out your Personal Details
- Email and Password
- Review information
- Browse Available Jobs
- Once your profile is set up, you are ready to start applying! You’ll be able to browse the vacancies and search by location or division. Click on the ‘more info’ button of the job you want to find out more about – this will show you the requirements, duties and other relevant information.
- Once you’ve found the job for you, just hit “Apply” and follow the prompts.
What’s great is that even if there is nothing that interests you right now, by creating a profile you can simply log in for future opportunities.
To work at a Ackermans store you will need the following:
- A South African ID
- Be able to work retail hours, including weekends and Public Holidays
- A minimum qualification of Grade 12 (or equivalent)
- Ackermans Group reserves the right to conduct Employee Verification Checks, including but not limited to Criminal and Credit Checks
If you haven’t heard back within 30 days, your application was unsuccessful.